Baseball is a sport that has been around for over 150 years. It’s a game of strategy, teamwork and skill that kids love to play. But what happens when they can’t find the right book? This article will help parents find books their children will enjoy and bring them back to read again and again.
The baseball books for 7 year olds is a book series that has been around for over 100 years. It is the perfect book to read with your kids before they get into baseball.
This Video Should Help:
For those of you who love spending time with your kids, but don’t want to miss a single inning of the game, check out our selection of baseball books! Whether you’re looking for something to keep your little ones entertained while you watch the game or something to read together before bedtime, we’ve got just the thing.
Best baseball books for 8 year olds
1. “The Baseball Machine” by Dean Chadwick: This book is all about a baseball team that uses a machine to help them win. It’s a great story for any baseball fan, and it’s especially perfect for younger readers who are just getting into the sport.
2. “The Berenstain Bears Go Out to Play Ball” by Stan and Jan Berenstain: In this classic children’s book, the Bear family goes out to play some baseball together. They learn how to work as a team and have lots of fun in the process.
3. “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” by Roald Dahl: While this book isn’t specifically about baseball, it is set in a stadium and features one of the most famous characters in literature enjoying America’s pastime. Any child who loves both baseball and chocolate will be sure to enjoy this story.
4. “Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul” by Jeff Kinney: In this latest installment of the popular Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, main character Greg Heffley goes on a road trip with his family…and ends up playing quite a bit of baseball along the way. Fans of the series (and those who just love baseball) will definitely want to check this one out.
5.”Fantasy Baseball Genius” by Tim Green: This novel follows Troy White, an 8-year-old boy with an extraordinary gift for fantasy baseball. He starts off managing his own team but soon finds himself pitted against some grown-ups in a big league competition. If your child is into both fantasy sports and baseball, they’ll love following Troy’s adventures in this book
Best baseball books for 10 year olds
1. “The Catcher Was a Spy: The Mysterious Life of Moe Berg” by Nicholas Dawidoff: This biography tells the story of Moe Berg, a former professional baseball player who became a spy for the United States during World War II.
2. “The Boys of Summer” by Roger Kahn: This classic sports book chronicles the lives of the Brooklyn Dodgers team that won the 1955 World Series.
3.”Ball Four” by Jim Bouton: This is a must-read for any baseball fan, as it details pitcher Jim Bouton’s 1969 season with the Seattle Pilots and Houston Astros.
4. “Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game” by Michael Lewis: This book explores how the Oakland Athletics used statistical analysis to build a competitive team on a small budget.
5. “Eight Men Out: The Black Sox and the 1919 World Series” by Eliot Asinof: This book tells the story of the Chicago White Sox team that threw the 1919 World Series in exchange for money from gamblers.
Best baseball books for 11 year olds
There are a lot of great baseball books out there for kids, but if you’re looking specifically for something geared towards 11 year olds, here are a few of our favorites.
“The Boys of Summer” by Roger Kahn is a classic book about baseball that tells the story of the Brooklyn Dodgers team from the 1950s. This is a great read for any baseball fan, but especially those who appreciate history.
“Ball Four” by Jim Bouton is another excellent choice for older kids. It’s an autobiographical account of Bouton’s time as a professional baseball player, and provides insight into the game that even adults will enjoy.
For something slightly lighter, “You Might Be A Red Sox Fan If…” by David Green is a fun read that will have any Boston fan laughing out loud. This book includes jokes, trivia, and stories about all things Red Sox, making it the perfect gift for diehard fans.
Best baseball books for 12 year olds
1. “The Rookie Book: The Inside Scoop on Baseball’s Hottest Profession” by Mark Gubicza and Kevin Kernan
2. “The Dugout: Tales from the Great Game’s Best Players, Managers, and Umpires” by Bruce Weber
3. “Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood: ABaseball Life” by Michael Lewis
4. “Ball Four: My Life and Hard Times Throwing the Knuckleball in the Major Leagues” by Jim Bouton
5. “Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game” by Michael Lewis
6. “The Natural: The Misunderstood Genius of Ted Williams” by Bernard Malamud
7. “Eight Men Out: The Black Sox Scandal and the Birth of Modern Baseball” by Eliot Asinof
8.”Strike Zone”by Tim Wendel
Best picture books about baseball
1. “One Bright Day in the Middle of the Night” by Christine McDonnell: This book tells the story of a little girl who dreams of playing baseball.
2. “The Batboy” by Michael J. Rosen: This book is about a boy who loves baseball and starts working as a batboy for his local team.
3. “Rounding the Bases” by Matt Christopher: This book is about a group of kids who form their own baseball team.
4. “The Great American Baseball Card Flipping, Trading and Bubble Gum Book” by Brendan Coyle: This book is all about collecting baseball cards.
5. “Dugout Dreams” by Tim Green: This book follows the story of a Little League team as they make their way through the playoffs.
Best baseball books for kids
There are many great baseball books for kids out there. Here are just a few of the best:
For 8 year olds:
-The Baseball Machine by Troy E. Taylor: This book is about a young boy named Tommy who discovers a machine that can help him become the best baseball player ever.
-The Berenstain Bears Play Ball by Stan and Jan Berenstain: In this classic Berenstain Bears book, the bears learn all about playing baseball and have lots of fun doing it.
-Baseball Fly Guy by Tedd Arnold: In this hilarious fly guy book, Buzz and his fly friends go to a baseball game and have all sorts of adventures.
For 10 year olds:
-Derek Jeter Presents Strike Zone by Derek Jeter and Paul Mantell: In this action packed book, young readers will follow along as Derek Jeter takes them on a journey through the strike zone. They’ll learn all about what it takes to be a great hitter like Jeter himself.
-Hank Aaron’s Dream Team by Hank Aaron and Michael Cunningham: In this inspiring book, Hank Aaron shares his personal dream team of famous baseball players from throughout history.
-Mudville Diaries by David A Adler: This funny book chronicles the trials and tribulations of Mudville’s hapless baseball team as they try (and usually fail) to win their games.
For 12 year olds:
-The Perfect Game by Matt Christopher: This classic sports fiction novel tells the story of how one boy’s dream of pitching a perfect game comes true.
-Playing with Purpose by Mike Yorkey : In this motivational book, Mike Yorkey interviews top Major League Baseball players about what drives them to succeed both on and off the field.
These are just a few of the great baseball books available for kids. So if you’re looking for some good reads on America’s favorite pastime, be sure to check out these titles!
Best baseball books for beginners
If you’re just getting started with baseball, these books are the perfect way to learn about the game. From histories of the sport to guides on how to play, there’s something here for everyone.
For 8 year olds:
“The Baseball Museum” by Stephen Wong is a great introduction to the history of baseball. It covers everything from the origins of the game to modern players and teams.
“How to Play Baseball” by Mark Gola is a great guide for those just starting out. It covers all the basics, from how to throw and catch a ball, to hitting and fielding.
For 10 year olds:
“The Big Book of Baseball Facts and Stats” by DK Publishing is perfect for young sports fans who want to know everything about their favorite teams and players. It’s packed with information on every aspect of the game, from records and statistics, to trivia and fun facts.
“Baseball Heroes” by Mike Lupica is a must-read for any young fan. It tells the stories of some of baseball’s biggest stars, like Babe Ruth and Jackie Robinson, and their impact on the game.
For 12 year olds:
“The Complete Book of Baseball Skills & Drills” by The National Alliance for Youth Sports is a great resource for any aspiring player. It covers all the skills necessary to succeed on the field, from batting and pitching, to base-running and fielding.
“Think Like a Manager: A Guide to Strategy & Leadership in Baseball “by Paul Dickson is perfect for budding managers and coaches. It teaches essential strategies for building a successful team, both on and off the field
Best baseball books for advanced readers
1. “The Art of Fielding” by Chad Harbach: This novel follows the story of a young man named Henry Skrimshander who is drafted by a small Division III college to play shortstop.
2. “Moneyball” by Michael Lewis: This book chronicles Oakland A’s general manager Billy Beane’s attempt to put together a winning baseball team on a budget by using sabermetrics.
3. “The Natural” by Bernard Malamud: This classic novel tells the story of Roy Hobbs, an aging ballplayer who gets one last chance to fulfill his dream of becoming a baseball legend.
4. “Eight Men Out” by Eliot Asinof: This book tells the true story of the Chicago White Sox team that threw the 1919 World Series.
5.”Bull Durham” by Ron Shelton: This film follows the comic misadventures of minor league baseball players Crash Davis and Nuke LaLoosh as they try to help each other make it to the big leagues.
The “baseball books for 9 year olds” is a category of books that are geared towards children aged 9. Books in this category include titles such as The Little Red Hen and the Big, Bad Wolf.
Frequently Asked Questions
What reading level are Matt Christopher books?
Matt Christopher is the best-selling sports author for kids in America, with more than 100 books to his credit. His action-packed, fast-paced sports tales are beloved by students. Purchase by Program: Christopher, Matt, “Hook Shot Hero” Fiction Paperback, ISBN: 9780316102964, Reading Level: 750L, Interest Level: 3–7, List Price: $5.99 Your cost is $4.49. Another 14 columns
Who Was books about baseball players?
Ranking the books that baseball players have authored by Jim Bouton, “Ball Four” (1970) By Satchel Paige, maybe I’ll pitch for eternity (1962) Gaylord Perry’s Me and the Spitter (1974) By Graig Nettles, “Balls” (1984) the Jim Brosnan novel The Long Season (1960) By Jose Canseco, juiced (2006) Leo Durocher’s saying “Nice Guys Finish Last” (1975).
How many Matt Christopher books are there?
1972’s The Kid Who Only Hit Home Runs a World Series in baseball 1954 – The Lucky Baseball Bat 1948’s The Return of the Home Run Kid 1979 Dirt Bike Racer 1964’s Catcher with a Glass Arm
How old is Matt Christopher?
Matt Christopher passed away on Saturday at the Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, North Carolina. His more than 120 sports books for children and young people entertained two generations of American youngsters and sold six million copies worldwide. At 80 years old, he.
Is Matt Christopher dead?
Matt Christopher’s death date was in September.