There are many scary books for kids, but these are the scariest.
scary books for 10 year olds are a great way to get your kids into the spooky mood. These books will have them scared and wanting more. The suspenseful endings will keep their minds wondering what’s next.
This Video Should Help:
Do you have a spook-tacular Halloween party coming up? Or are you just looking for some new scary books to read with your kids this season? If so, we’ve got just the roundup for you! Here are some of our favorite scary books for kids that will have them screaming and hiding in their beds all night long. So whether you’re gearing up for a frightful celebration or simply want to add another layer of excitement to your reading rotation, be sure to check out these titles!
Scary Books For 7 Year Olds
Looking for a scary book to keep your 7 year old up at night? Look no further than our list of the most spine-tingling, hair-raising books around. From ghost stories to tales of monsters and witches, these books are sure to give even the bravest child nightmares. So if you’re looking for a truly terrifying read, be sure to check out our recommendations below.
Scary Books For 8 Year Olds
When it comes to finding the perfect scary book for an 8 year old, there are a few things you need to take into account. First and foremost, what exactly is it that scares them? Is it the dark? Is it monsters? Is it ghosts? Once you know what it is that terrifies them, you can begin to narrow down your choices.
If your child is afraid of the dark, then a book like ufffdIn The Night Kitchenufffd by Maurice Sendak might be a good choice. Itufffds a story about a boy who dreams heufffds baking in a giant oven with some rather unusual ingredients. While the illustrations are definitely on the creepy side, theyufffdre also quite humorous. This is a great choice for kids who are just starting to explore their fears and are looking for something that will make them laugh as well as scream.
For kids who are scared of monsters, ufffdWhere The Wild Things Areufffd by Maurice Sendak is always a classic choice. It tells the story of Max, who is sent to bed without supper and imagines himself sailing off to where the wild things are. He becomes their king and leads them in all sorts of wild dances before finally returning home to his supper waiting for him in his room. Again, the illustrations in this book are both spooky and delightful, making it a great pick for 8 year olds.
If your child loves ghost stories but isnufffdt quite ready for Stephen King yet, try ufffdThe Ghost Belonged To Meufffd by Richard Peck. Itufffds about two friends who discover an old house that may be haunted and decide to investigate. What they find inside is more than they bargained for! This book has just enough suspense and chills to keep 8 year olds entertained without being too scary.
Finally, if your child wants something truly spine-tingling, then ufffdScary Stories To Tell In The Darkufffd by Alvin Schwartz is sure to do the trick. These folktale-inspired tales have been frightening children (and adults!) since 1981 and show no signs of stopping anytime soon. With eerie illustrations by Stephen Gammell adding to the effect, these stories are guaranteed to give anyone nightmaresufffd even 8 year olds!
Scary Books For 9 Year Olds
Thereufffds nothing quite like a good scare to get the adrenaline flowing, and for many kids, thatufffds exactly what they crave. If your child is begging for a scary book but youufffdre not sure where to start, never fear! Weufffdve got a list of nine great options that are perfect for 9-year-olds.
From classics like Goosebumps to newer titles likeSlider, these books are sure to give your child plenty of nightmaresufffdin the best way possible. So if youufffdre looking for a scary book that will keep your child up all night, look no further than our list of recommendations.
Scary Books For 10 Year Olds
There are plenty of scary books out there that are perfect for 10 year olds. Here are just a few examples:
1. The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill ufffd This magical story is about a young girl who is taken from her family and raised by witches. She must ultimately confront the evil that took her parents from her.
2. Coraline by Neil Gaiman ufffd When Coraline moves to a new house, she finds a secret door that leads her to an alternate world where everything seems betterufffd at first. But this other world is not what it seems, and Coraline must find her way back home before itufffds too late.
3. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman ufffd After his family is killed, Nobody ufffdBodufffd Owens is taken in by the ghosts of a graveyard and raised among them. But when a new threat arises, Bod must use his unique abilities to save himself and those he loves.
4. Miss Peregrineufffds Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs ufffd When Jacob discovers a mysterious abandoned school, he soon learns that it was once Miss Peregrineufffds Home for Peculiar Children ufffd an institution for children with special powers. As Jacob gets to know the ufffdpeculiarsufffd who still live there, he realizes that they may be in danger from someone who wants to exploit their powers for evil purposes.
5. Slasher Girls & Monster Boys edited by April Genevieve Tucholke ufffd This anthology features horror stories from some of todayufffds most talented YA authors, all with strong female protagonists who have to stand up to monstrous foes (both literal and figurative).
Scary Books For 11 Year Olds
There is nothing quite like a good scare to get the adrenaline pumping, and what better way to do that than by reading a scary book? If you are looking for some spine-tingling reads to keep you up at night, then check out our list of scary books for 11 year olds. From chilling ghost stories to suspenseful thrillers, these books are sure to give you nightmares.
So, without further ado, here are 10 of the scariest books for 11 year olds:
1. The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill ufffd This Newbery Medal winning novel is perfect for those who love a good fairytale with a dark twist. The story follows Luna, a young girl who is taken from her home and raised by witches in the forest. However, as she gets older she starts to suspect that something is not quite right about her adoptive family. With its eerie atmosphere and sinister characters, this book will have you on the edge of your seat from start to finish.
2.Slasher Girls & Monster Boys edited by April Genevieve Tucholke ufffd This collection of horror stories will appeal to fans of Stephen King and R.L. Stine alike. Featuring tales from some of todayufffds most popular YA authors, including Leigh Bardugo and Marie Lu, this anthology is packed with chills and thrills. Whether youufffdre looking for a heart-pounding ghost story or a gruesome tale of revenge, thereufffds something in this book for everyone.
3.The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco ufffd If youufffdre a fan of fantasy novels with a dark twist then you will love The Bone Witch . The story follows Tea , an orphan girl who discovers she has the power to raise the dead . As she sets out on a quest to become aBone Witch , she must grapple with her newfound powers as well as the dangers that come with them . Filled with magic , mystery , and deadly creatures , this book will keep you hooked until the very end .
4..Dolls by Ania Ahlborn ufffd For fans of Stephen Kingufffds IT , this horror novel tells the story of two girls who disappeared thirty years ago . When their bodies are finally found , it becomes clear that they did not die peacefully . AsDetective Sean Ryan begins investigating their deaths , he quickly realizes that there may be more going on than meets the eye . With its creepy atmosphere and terrifying moments , Dolls is sure to send shivers down your spine .
5..The Haunting Of Sunshine Girl by Paige McKenzie ufffd Based on an incredibly popular YouTube series , this paranormal thriller follows Sunshine Griggs after she moves into a new house only to find out it may be haunted . With its fast – paced plot and scary moments , this book will keep readers entertained from beginning till end ..
Scary Books For 12 Year Olds
As your child enters their tween years, they might be ready for some more suspenseful, spooky reads. If they’re looking for scary books for 12 year olds, you’ve come to the right place! Here are a few titles that are sure to send a chill down their spine:
1. “The Girl Who Drank the Moon” by Kelly Barnhill ufffd This Newbery Medal-winning book is perfect for kids who love a good mystery with a side of magic. It’s the story of Luna, a young girl who is raised by witches and has magical powers of her own. When she accidentally kills another child with her powers, she sets out on a journey to find the truth about what happened.
2. “Slasher Girls & Monster Boys” edited by April Genevieve Tucholke ufffd This YA horror anthology includes stories from some of today’s most popular authors, including Leigh Bardugo and Stephanie Perkins. If your child loves Stephen King or Dean Koontz, they’ll be sure to enjoy this collection of tales.
3.”NOS4A2″ by Joe Hill ufffd If your tween is looking for a truly terrifying read, look no further than NOS4A2. This novel follows Vic McQueen, a young girl with the ability to find lost things (and people). Her talent catches the attention of Charlie Manx, an evil man who kidnaps children and takes them to his nightmarish alternate world. Vic must use her power to stop him before he can claim any more victims.
Scary Books For 13 Year Olds
Looking for a good scare? Check out our list of scary books for 13 year olds. From classics like Stephen King’s “It” to modern thrillers like “The Girl with All the Gifts,” these novels are sure to send a chill down your spine.
So what makes a book truly scary? It’s not just the jump scares or gore, but the suspense and fear that comes from not knowing what’s going to happen next. These books will keep you up at night, turning the pages as fast as you can to find out what happens next. So if you’re looking for a good horror story, look no further than our list of scary books for 13 year olds.
Scary Books For 14 Year Olds
There are plenty of scary books out there that are perfect for 14 year olds. If your child is looking for a good scare, then check out some of these titles. From classic horror novels to modern thrillers, there is sure to be a book on this list that will send a chill down their spine.
1. The Shining by Stephen King: This classic horror novel tells the story of Jack Torrance, a writer who takes a job as the caretaker of an isolated hotel in the Colorado Rockies. Soon, Jack descends into madness and starts terrorizing his family. This book is sure to keep 14 year olds up at night with its suspenseful storytelling and chilling atmosphere.
2. It by Stephen King: Another classic from Stephen King, It tells the story of seven children who are terrorized by an evil clown named Pennywise. This book is full of scares and is sure to make 14 year olds think twice before going to the circus again.
3. The Girl with All the Gifts by M R Carey: This post-apocalyptic thriller follows Melanie, a young girl who seems to be immune to the zombie virus that has ravaged humanity. When she is captured and taken to a military base, Melanie must use her unique gifts to survive in this new world full of dangers.
4 .The House with Chicken Legs by Sophie Anderson: This dark fairy tale follows 12-year-old Marinka who lives in a house with chicken legs that can walk around on its own. Marinkaufffds grandmother is Baba Yaga, a witch who eats children, and it is up to Marinka to stop her from eating any more innocent victims. This creepy story will stay with readers long after they finish it.. 5 .Slasher Girls & Monster Boys edited by April Genevieve Tucholke: This anthology features 16 horror stories from some of todayufffds most popular YA authors such as Leigh Bardugo, Kendare Blake, and Danielle Vega. With tales ranging from vengeful ghosts to possessed prom queens, there is something for everyone in this collection.. 6 .NOS4A2 by Joe Hill: Vic McQueen has a special giftufffdshe can find lost things using just her bike and imagination. But her talent comes at a cost; every time Vic uses her power, she attracts the attention of Charlie Manxufffda immortal serial killer who feeds off the souls of children.. 7 .The Haunting of Sunshine Girl Networkby Paige McKenzie: Based on true events (or so they claim), this paranormal thriller follows Sunshine Griggs after she moves into an old house in Oregon with her mother.. 8 .We Were Liarsby E Lockhart: The Liars are four friendsufffdCadence , Johnny , Mirren ,and Gat ufffdwho spend every summer together on Beechwood Island ..Until two summers ago when Cadence had an accident that left her unableto remember what happened.. 9 .Miss Peregrineufffds Home For Peculiar Childrenby Ransom Riggs : Jacob Portman discovers Miss Peregrineufffdsa home for peculiar children hidden in Wales where he meets childrenwith abilities like being able toreach into other people ufffds dreams and turn invisible .. 10 .Daughtersof Darknessby L J Smith : In New Orleans ,twins Lucyand Lia have just become vampires ..But when they meet Dmitri Malick ,a handsome stranger ,they may have found someone even more dangerous than themselves .. These are just some examplesof scary books that would be perfectfor 14 year olds .. So if you know any budding horror fans , make sureto add one or two (or all )of these titlesto their reading list !
The “scary books for kindergarten” is a blog that offers an assortment of scary stories. These stories are perfect to read before bedtime.